Friday, July 29, 2011

Forever Remembered


Walking up to a group of girls in the airport, I’m anxious to see who I will meet. Instantly I hear words of welcome, friendly questions, and comparisons of Girls States. People are shouting, “You’re from Alaska?” or “You have summer homework?” This was going to be the beginning of a whirlwind of events throughout an amazing week.
From meeting the President (and hugging him), to walking around Capitol Hill with senators, everything this week will be forever remembered. Every girl in Girls Nation this year has made an impact on my life and I’m sure on the lives of others. Maybe we made fun of each others’ accents, or inquired on how they lived their life back in their home states, we all learned at least one new thing this week.
I would like to thank every staff member and counselor for providing this opportunity and helping along on this amazing journey. I would also love to thank every girl at Girls Nation for being their own lovely, beautiful, intelligent, crazy, funny, and all around amazing self. You all have changed my life forever. I love you girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment