Sunday, July 19, 2009

And so ends day one..

Madison Riethman- OH
Alexandria

Wow...Girls Nation! Talk about overwhelming! Coming here, I really didn't know a whole lot of what to expect, although I made the assumption that it would be really similar to my local girls state program (yay buckeyes!). But that doesn't even begin to cover everything I have been introduced to and plan to accomplish this week. I'm already overwhelmed..and it's only been 24 hours! Regardless, I am absolutely thrilled to be here and to have this opportunity..and opportunity I can already see will be life changing. Having the chance to meet 97 of the nations most honored and potential-filled young ladies is incredible..stretching from all corners of the U.S. It truly is already inspiring :)

I've decided I want to run for something simple, yet involved, so I am going to run for majority party whip. I will get to hold a position yet still get to participate in the Senate proceedings, along with committee and party involvement, which, well, pretty much rocks. My roomies also rock, as do all the other friends I have made already. They make me want to travel! Not to mention I am even more outgoing and energetic with them..despite the long days and oh too short nights of sleep ;).


Well, that's about it for my novel. Thanks so much to everyone who has helped me achieve this great accomplishment and enjoy this awe-inspiring experience. I can't say enough.


God Bless and GO BUCKS :)

1 comment:

  1. What parent wouldn't want videos of their child's performance - whether it is in a pageant, sports, concerts, or in the moments of life that pass by so quickly - and then they're gone forever. Not so with Yearbook Alive!

    With YearBook Alive anyone can create a professional interactive digital yearbook or any digital project!

    YearBook Alive is a very simple software that helps Schools, Clubs and Military to keep memories alive....

    For ONLY $499 you Raise Thousands of Dollars from your school memories.......

    gp tp www.yearbookalive.com

    ReplyDelete