Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"Parli Pro" and small talk

Monday was the day of the first official Senate Session. It was so interesting. Senators quickly adjusted to parliamentary procedures and faced their fears. I loved listening to what each girl had to say. Everyone offered opinions that were quite crucial and asked appropriately. I have to say I am truly impressed with how the girls structured and put together their ideas for each bill or resolution.
Today we also went to Walter Reed Military Medical Center. It was such a great experience to talk to men who have served our country. It was nice that we could just have simple, small talk conversations. I also met two soldiers from my home state of Arizona. It was great to hear a little bit about them. It was a really humbling experience for me and all the senators.


Aisha Subhan, Senator
Chevy Chase
Arizona

No comments:

Post a Comment